Fantastic word decoding strategy that I can’t wait to try. The power of the red dot!
#elemchat #spedchat #literacy
I saw this on Pinterest and really think is is an awesome strategy that would help struggling readers as well as emergent readers.
From the site: “Thanks to brain specialist Fritz Mengert, I learned how to use a red dot in my reading instruction. Dr. Mengert told me that placing a red dot in the center of a word helps kids focus on the middle rather than just the beginning.
Many of my students just looked at the beginnings of words and guessed at what they were, and the red dot was the answer I had been looking for.
It worked! My students were much more able to distinguish between similar-looking words.”
Via Teacher Support Force….check out the rest of their word strategies. Superb resource!!!
176 Notes/ Hide
- julioesuashistorias likes this
- coolschoolideas reblogged this from kbkonnected and added:
- teacher-woman reblogged this from teachertoolbox
- beemickygee reblogged this from teaching1deas
- theambitioussloth likes this
- This was featured in #Education
- kbkonnected posted this