FutureMe is a neat idea!
Students can write letters to their future self and have them delivered on the date chosen.
Letters can be made public or private.
Educational Applications: I would have the letters delivered to the teacher’s e-mail for ease and safety. I would also make them private.
- Great “Back to School” activity. Students can write letters at the beginning of the school year and have them delivered at the end of the school year. Have students include goals they would like to achieve.
- Have students write monthly or quarterly letters including goals and achievements. Letters can be motivational and inspirational.
- Students may or may not want to share their letters with classmates. Let it be their choice.
- Students can write a letter about a problem they are facing. When the letter is delivered in the future have them assess the problem. Is it still a problem? Has the problem been resolved? How was the problem resolved? Was it a big or small problem? etc.
- Write a group letter as a class using it as a time capsule.
I’ll have to remember to re-post FutureMe at the beginning of the next school year. I really think this is great.
Added to Write On! for Kids
You may also like…
- ogtumble likes this
- kimberlysgarden reblogged this from alisonteaches
- vic-a-toria likes this
- porchhag likes this
- zenandtheblackpen likes this
- fastreaction likes this
- probabilitiesofcircumstance likes this
- englishteacheronline likes this
- apocalyptacat likes this
- isyouhero likes this
- happyandiknowit likes this
- nylak22 likes this
- justbliss24 likes this
- happinessforeveryone likes this
- write-to-learn reblogged this from kbkonnected
- betinetine reblogged this from imsuing
- imsuing reblogged this from moyaofthemist and added:
I’ll admit that I used this a LOT as a bullied kid. And I think I sent myself a letter on 23 December 2012 that says “so...
- moyaofthemist reblogged this from kbkonnected
- sweetsweetsorrow likes this
- kbkonnected posted this