I just added STEPMAP to my Maps for Kids LiveBinder.
It’s a great way for students to create their own maps and add points of interest to them.
You do need to create an account but it is worth it to use the site. Students can add text and also upload pictures. They have a wide variety of choices to make great looking maps that can be shared.
Educational suggestions: Have students create a map…
- showing the stadiums that have held the Super Bowl
- pinpointing spots of safety on the Underground Railroad
- featuring birthplaces of U.S. Presidents
- depicting points of interest from a vacation they took.
- places they would like to go on vacation
- featuring locations of historical events.
- depict areas of natural resources
- map out areas from a story they have read