MTN (Making the News) is a fantastic site where kids can create their own newspaper, tabloid or magazine. The tool is easy to use and you can add your own photos and pictures. What a great way for students to share what they are learning or to share classroom information with others.
No email address is required but a password must be created to save work and come back to it later. I do not believe that MTN can be shared online (really not sure) but it definitely can be printed.
We have a few classrooms working on an anti-bullying assembly performance and they could use this in several ways.
- Could be created as a one page ad, advertising the upcoming performance.
- Could be created with stories about anti-bullying articles.
- Could be used as a prop in the performance.
- Could be used to document and share everything they did while preparing for the performance
- Could be used as a way to share biographies of the performers.
The list could go on but my fingers won’t. I’m not the greatest typist by any means. That’s probably why I like short posts.