FutureMe is a neat idea!
Students can write letters to their future self and have them delivered on the date chosen.
Letters can be made public or private.
Educational Applications: I would have the letters delivered to the teacher’s e-mail for ease and safety. I would also make them private.
- Great “Back to School” activity. Students can write letters at the beginning of the school year and have them delivered at the end of the school year. Have students include goals they would like to achieve.
- Have students write monthly or quarterly letters including goals and achievements. Letters can be motivational and inspirational.
- Students may or may not want to share their letters with classmates. Let it be their choice.
- Students can write a letter about a problem they are facing. When the letter is delivered in the future have them assess the problem. Is it still a problem? Has the problem been resolved? How was the problem resolved? Was it a big or small problem? etc.
- Write a group letter as a class using it as a time capsule.
I’ll have to remember to re-post FutureMe at the beginning of the next school year. I really think this is great.
Added to Write On! for Kids
You may also like…