Fun for kids and their teachers!
#wordgames #edtech #literacy
Tetris like word game with a few added twists. (see screenshots below)
You may also like…
KB…Konnected Kids Word Games (Wiz Words will be added here asap!)
Jumble Kids - Word puzzles just like those found in newspapers.
#elemchat #spedchat #wordgames
Chose a date and unscramble the letters to discover words which will solve the puzzle. I really liked doing these as a kid. Nice to see that they are still around. Puzzles can be printed also. There’s is a hint button too! Could have used that may times. LOL
Included in Word Party Word Games
You may also like…
Having fun with inference and prediction.
#elemchat #spedchat #inference
Also check out…Music Activities and Arts Integration Lessons. Neat!
You may also like…
Play Kids Games Teachers can customize!
LiveBinder update: Random Word Generator…Inspire and promote creative thinking with words!
#elemchat #spedchat #literacy $4thchat #5thchat
Use the random word generator to generate between 1 and 8 random words. Then the thinking begins.
- Brainstorm (use the words as stimulus for ideas)
- Play creativity games similar to those you’ll find in our Games Section (very nice) Use the drop down menu for access to games.
- Cure for writer’s block
- Play Pictionary and other word based games…FUN!
- Anything else you can think of …
Random Word Generator from Creativity Games is a great tool that can be used in many ways. Perfect for any level.
Excellent for “making connections” lessons as well as promoting “thinking out of the box” skills
Use the idea visualisation features to inspire creative thinking.
Added to my Word Party Word Games
My newest TpT product!
Scrabble Letters I love word games and students do to. Especially when they are fun and manipulative.
#elemchat #spedchat #literacy #scrabble
Teachers create awesome educational games, centers, and bulletin boards and these Scrabble Letters will be a great addition to your creations.
Just print on card stock, laminate, cut and you’re ready to go!
Four sizes included…1 1/2”, 2”, 3” and 4”
I love that Scrabble Letters also have point values. Lots of ways to combine literacy and math.
Here are some examples you can use in the classroom.
- Ask students to spell vocabulary/spelling words with Scrabble Letters.
- Next they can add up the totals and find out the value of each word.
- Or take the highest and lowest word values and subtract to find the difference.
- What about having the students multiply the two highest values?
Piclits ”is a creative writing site that matches beautiful images with carefully selected keywords in order to inspire you. The object is to put the right words in the right place and the right order to capture the essence, story, and meaning of the picture.”
#elemchat #spedchat #writing #Piclits
That’s exactly what you do, put words together with beautiful pictures to tell a story. Piclits has a word-bank for EACH picture or students can write their own. PicLits has an easy to use drag and drop format.
There are also three free classes for teachers and students. Excellent support and ideas on how to use PicLits.
- Create a poetry PicLit
- Have students find a memorable quote from a story or book they are reading and create a Piclit to showcase it.
- Each student can choose a phrase they hear often (from mom, dad, grandma, teacher etc.) and design a Piclit around it.
- Choose a line from a favorite poem and create a Piclit.
- Choose a line from a favorite song or rap and create a Piclit.
- Choose five vocabulary words and create a Piclit.
- Choose five adjectives to describe the picture they chose.
- Choose five rhyming words to describe the picture they chose.
Sample PicLit above.
I’ve shared many different types of online "Fridge Magnets" before but this one is a little different.
#elemchat #spedchat #Scrabbleletters #fridgemagnets
It includes “Scrabble” type letters (as well as a few others).
- Have your students create a list of words (spelling, vocabulary, etc.) and then add up the value of each word. Love this online combination of literacy and math. Could be used as a center activity.
- Another idea would be for students to add up the letters of their own names or character names and see which one adds up to the most/least.
I really like these "Fridge Magnets"
You may also like..
- Magnet Letter Board
- Twitter “Fridge Magnets”
- Shocked “Poetry Magnets”
- Poetry Magnets
- Original Word Magnets
- Printable Scrabble Letters
- Printable Scrabble Board
- Scrabble Zone Play Scrabble online!
***Many of these can be found in my Kool Kids Write Poetry and
#elemchat #spedchat #literacy #centers #Boggle
I saw these Boggle Boards on Pinterest and wanted to use them for a center I am creating. I tracked down these freebies to School Day Love. There are eight boards in all. What makes this even greater is that they come with answer keys. Just print the boards, glue to card stock and laminate. This is a winner for my center.
School Day Love offers lots of neat ideas and printables so check it out.
Want to increase and improve vocabulary, spelling, and other word skills of your students?
#elemchat #spedchat #wordgames
Here are ten word games that can help. I compiled these Word Games via a Jog-the Web so they are easy to use and access. Full screen versions…no distracting ads. No places for students to wander to.
Kids will enjoy playing these games individually or with a classmate.
Word DYNAMO Turbo charge your vocabulary, reading and writing skills while playing word games, free!
#elemchat #spedchat #vocabulary #wordgames
via Toby Price at Jedi-iPad Master @teachersharetp
I love new twists on old games. Vocab Twister can be used in any classroom because you choose the vocabulary. How fun! Kids will love this. For more about Vocab Twister and other games visit Academic Vocabulary.
#elemchat #spedchat #games #vocabulary #Twister
***If you don’t have a Twister game already don’t despair. Academic Vocabulary suggests creating your own with a plain plastic shower curtain.
Crickler Vocabulary Ordeal - A crossword-like puzzle to spiff up your vocabulary.
#elemchat #spedchat #vocabulary
From the site: Knoword is a game of quick thinking, smart decisions and great words. When you begin, you will be given one randomly generated dictionary definition along with the first letter of its corresponding word. You must fill in the rest of the word to experience a gain in points and an added time bonus.
This find via Tech Tip Chicks. If you get the chance you can listen to their podcast, free from iTunes.
Students can create their own dictionaries and their own words using Word Central from Meriam-Webster. Students can the create poetry using some of their newly created word from their own dictionary. Great way to engage students in writing activities.
This has been added to LiveBinders…